Why yes the Colorado trip was a month an a half ago… Why yes I am just reporting on it now… 🙂 But don’t worry, the pictures are worth the wait…(well pictures from day 2 anyway 😉 See I’m keeping you wanting more.
Anyway the Original Post:
Can I go back to Colorado… Like now? My whole life I have been a California girl. I never imagined myself moving out of California… I mean… It’s freakin’ California…. That opinion is waning now. If you offered me a job in Colorado, I would take it in a heart beat.
Our first day in Colorado started out at Santa Ana Airport at 4:30am. After our flight (which left at 6:45) we arrived in Colorado at 10am. Right away we got our rental car, had lunch and headed to a Big Cat sanctuary. It was pretty cool, they had lots of tigers and even a few white tigers!
After about an hour there, the weather started to turn and it began to rain a little. The clouds looked pretty scary and I had remembered seeing ‘tornado shelter’ in the airport so my mind went to tornados… To be clear, I have no idea what tornado weather is, nor what it looks like so I don’t know why my mind went to tornados, but it did. After the rain picked up, Greg and I decided to call it a night and head to Colorado Springs. On the way to the hotel, I kept dozing off ( I had very little sleep the week leading to Colorado) I was asleep maybe 2 minutes at a time, it sucked! Greg said it was cute to see my head bounce though, it was that startled bounce every time I woke up.
On our way to CS we stopped a few times on the side of the high way (at turn outs of course) to take pictures. We just had to, never in my life had I seen a whole state as beautiful!
When we got to Colorado Springs, we checked into our hotel and headed out to dinner. We grabbed a quick bite at Red Robin (I had this yummy chicken bruchetta sandwich and greg had a decent cheeseburger) Isn’t it funny that a burger restaurant like red robin can’t compare to fast food like In-n-out or 5 guys? After dinner we called it a night. Waking up at 4am and a 1 hour time change can make one extremely tired!
These are images from the big cat sanctuary and the side of the road… I mean isn’t it beautiful!
Looking at all of the Colorado pictures makes me so sad… I cut my hair after this trip and I miss my long hair so bad! (Oh, and because I want to go back to Colorado).
My long awaited Colorado vacation is finally upon us! Well actually as I write this it is almost over.. 😦
I have been debating weather or not to post each day of the trip, and ultimately decided to hold off until I got home for a few reasons. One, I’m on vacation and should be enjoying it! Two, we only brought Greg’s computer and his photo editing programs don’t support my 5d’s RAW files,and I really didn’t want to post with out the awesome photos I have been taking… I mean I almost NEVER post without pictures… However, I didn’t want to leave my readers completely in the dark (Hi readers!) so I decided to give a quick vacation overview 🙂
Day One (May 16th)
- We left Orange County at 6:45 am and arrived in Denver at 10am.
- Once we had our rental car (enterprise completely did a bate-and-switch on us) NEVER will I use them again!
- We had lunch at Chick-fil-a (they are every where out here!)
- We went to a Big Cat Sanctuary
- We drove into Colorado Springs, Checked into our hotel and called it an early night
Day Two (May 17th)
- We went to Garden of the Gods (One of my Favorite things by far)
- We visited a replica western village
- We visited the Cliff Dwellings (and had some yummy fudge)
- We had dinner at Olive Garden and tried this AMAZING WINE (Roscato) I don’t like wine, but I loved it!
Day Three (May 18th)
- We took the Cog Railway up to Pikes Peek
- We visited Garden Of the Gods again (see I loved it!)
- Stargazing at Garden of the Gods
Day Four (May 19th)
- We ran a 5k (1000 ft elevation over 2 miles!) I had trouble running at high altitude
- We went to the Zoo (Now that is 2 zoo’s off our zoo in every state list!)
- We visited the William Rodgers Shrine
- Went to a Historic Grave Yard
- We packed 😦
- Went to a comedy club
Day Five (May 20th) –Tentative–
- One last drive around Garden of the Gods
- Drive into Denver
- Banjo Billy’s Denver Tour
Denver’s Botanical Gardens
- Home 😦
I am in love with Colorado, we leave tomorrow at 9pm and I am honestly so sad that we are leaving… I could stay here forever. I felt at home here and I love how active of a state it is! Never in a million years could I have even seen myself leaving California… that is until now… I am really heartbroken to leave Colorado behind…
[We’re actually home now… but I thought this post was worth it. Stay tuned for updates from each day!]
9 days til’ Ohio!